Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Best Scarlet O'Hara Impression

We all know who she is - that famous literary and screen character brought to life by the classic beuaty, Vivian Leigh. Scarlett O'Hara. Well, I do a pretty good impression of Miss Scarlett if I do say so myself. No, no, it's not that I look a thing like her (although if we can put in a request for the next life . . . ) No, I don't have a string of beaus falling all over themselves to be near me (wouldn't mind if Bill did now and then . . .) and no, I don't have a thing for Ashley Wilkes. Frankly my dear, if you had Rhett Butler, why-oh-why would you want anything else? While I, like the ultimate Southern Bell, "know nothin' 'bout birthin' no babies," I am referring specifically to Miss Scarlett's mantra: "I won't think about that today, I'll just think about it tomorrow." Hence the reason there has not been an entry since my first attempt. I, my friends am the queen of procrasination. No. really.

4 comments:

Parke Family said...

Hooray!! You have finally joined the blogging world. I look forward to reading your many posts!

On another note, I have two books you need to read. If I ever remember, I will send then to you. "The Confessions of Fitzwilliam Darcy" and "Austenland." Not as good as the original, but they have a fun twist.

Emilee said...

Another one! Yeah! You are a great writer & it only takes you 1 or 2 paragraphs to say a clever thing ...... trust me, people like that.

You're awesome!

See ya tonight, Scarlet.

DeAna said...

Awesome!! I wondered if it would ever happen. I look forward to many wonderful posts from you!

ruth said...

Hi Jaeme not only do I have an email account, but you now have me on my first ever "Blog" site> What are you doing to me girl? Anyway good luck in your "Blogging" endevoures, I will be checking in as oft as children allow.
Love ya Ruth