Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Twas Just Before Christmas

'Twas just before Christmas
And all through my house
The cats chase each other
As if there were a mouse (which thank heavens there isn't!)

"So much left to get done,"
Says the voice in my head
When really all I want
Is to lay down in my bed.

The coughing and aching
I am still going through
Is past getting old
What am I to do?!?

And then at the moment
I feel most overcome
And stress levels rising
At what's still left to come

I remember the babe
For whom this day was created
The stress is all gone
And I'm feeling elated.

The presents to wrap
And deliver to friends
The cooking and baking
Which will come to and end,

They really don't matter
So things will be late,
My friends are understanding
And really quite great.

More important that boxes
Ribbons and bows
Are peace, love and kindness
Who can do without those?

As I post this note
To all whom may read
May I wish you best
Of the season indeed.

May we reflect,remember
And take a small pause
And remember it's not about
Dear old Mr. Claus . . .

But about the babe born in a stable
Who loved us enough
And giveq us the Atonement
To have peace when times may be rough

To lead us and guide us
And show us the way
That we may all live with Him
In heaven someday.

So Merry Christmas
Happy New Year
To all you out there
May your 2009 be simply beyond compare.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

Jaeme, I loved that! You are so talented. I'm still so happy you started a blog, i love reading about what's going on in your head!

You're awesome!